There was a time, not so long ago, when upscale neighbourhoods in Delhi would consist of neat rows of bungalows or private stand-alone residences. Lately, however, the skyrocketing property prices and high maintenance costs involved have led to a shift from this single-user trend in real estate. The contemporary urban solution to home construction is builder floor homes that are, at the same time, more affordable than a single residence and also more intimate than an apartment in a multi-storied building.
The sudden growth in the numbers of property owners looking to develop their land into builder floors has flooded the market with promoters who have neither the training nor the experience in design, construction and management. Sadly for the unsuspecting clients, many of them even lack the financial means to independently see a project through, using instead initial monetary incentives and fake promises to seal the deal but soon enough the property owner begins to experience the lapse between reality and expectations from the developer. Poor home designs, shoddy materials and delayed delivery of finished product are common woes most clients face. The lucrative offers in the initial stages often blind us to the problems of selling sub-standard builder floors and in the long run the property investor ends up on the losing side.
The double standards one may be forced to deal with calls for caution and carefulness. When deciding to convert your plot into a builder floor home, consider not only the incentives offered by the builder but also run a check on the builder before signing on the dotted line. Important things to keep in mind are:
- Financial capabilities of the builder – they must have the resources to independently complete the project
- Size and quality of the team – they must have on board adequate number of capable professionals equipped with the necessary tools to deliver on the project goals
- Transparency of terms and deadlines – designs, materials, costs and targets should be clearly communicated to all concerned parties including the property owner
- Feedback from previous clients – reach out to clients of completed collaborations to get a better idea of the quality and professionalism of the builder
At Prithu, the focus is on an equal collaborative partnership between the property owner and the builder. Working with Prithu you can be sure that:
- The builder floor design, construction cost and profit margin are discussed openly and stated clearly and transparently in the contract
- The home construction has an on-time delivery promise of 14 months as construction at Prithu proceeds on the company’s finances and not waiting on the marketing/booking/selling of units
- The finished product is true to the promised product with no compromise on quality of materials, fittings and fixtures and is sure to command a high rental value
- The communication between you and the developer is effortless at all stages
The aim of Prithu is to not only build homes but lasting relationships with the homeowners so partner with us to convert your residential plot into a builder floor home and let us prove the old saying “never mix business and pleasure” wrong.